Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Township meetings are NOT open to the public. They are live-streamed on our Facebook page to allow the public to participate. We will announce when they are open to the public again. Thank you for your understanding!
Greene Township is located in Northeastern Pennsylvania in the County of Pike. At the 2010 Census, the population was 3,956. It was created on April 24, 1839, from Palmyra Township and is named for the popular Revolutionary War General Nathanel Greene, who fought at Boston, Long Island, Trenton and Brandywine.
2021 Proposed Budget
At the Special Meeting for the purpose of the 2021 Budget, held at the municipal building on Thursday, October 22, 2020, the proposed budget was created by the board of supervisors. This budget will be adopted at the regular meeting of December 2, 2020.
Board of Supervisors:
- Gary Carlton – Chairman – Term Expires 12/31/2021
- Gerald A. Obert – Vice-Chairman – Term Expires 12/31/2023
- Barry Krautter – Term Expires 12/31/2025
The Board of Supervisors will hold their regular meetings in 2020 at 7:00pm on the first Wednesday of each month at the municipal building, 198 Brink Hill Rd. Greentown, PA 18426.
- Charles Burnett – Term Expires 12/31/21
- Steve Nesco – Term Expires 12/31/25
- Debra Gunnip – Term Expires 12/31/23
- Secretary/Treasurer (Location Permit Applications): Monday-Thursday 9:00am to 2:30pm
- Sewage Enforcement Officer: Wednesdays 8:00am-noon
- Building Department: Tuesdays & Thursdays 9:00am-noon
- Solid Waste/Road Encroachment/ Sign Officer: Tuesdays 9:00am-11:00am & Wednesdays 9:00am-noon
Holiday Schedule – offices closed for:
- New Year’s Day Wed., Jan. 1
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day Mon., Jan. 20
- Washington’s Birthday Mon., Feb. 17
- Memorial Day Mon., May 25
- Labor Day Mon., Sept. 7
- Columbus Day Mon., Oct. 12
- Veterans Day Wed., Nov. 11
- Thanksgiving Day Thurs., Nov. 26